Joses in the Bible
1. One of the physical brothers of Jesus
- Matthew 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
- Matthew 27:56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.
- Mark 6:3 Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him.
- Mark 15:40 There were also women looking on afar off: among whom was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James the less and of Joses, and Salome;
- Mark 15:47 And Mary Magdalene and Mary the mother of Joses beheld where he was laid.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JOSES.
2. A Levite, surnamed Barnabas by the apostles
- Acts 4:36 And Joses, who by the apostles was surnamed Barnabas, (which is, being interpreted, The son of consolation,) a Levite, and of the country of Cyprus,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Joses.