Jobab in the Bible
1. Son of Joktan
- Genesis 10:29 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab: all these were the sons of Joktan.
- 1 Chronicles 1:23 And Ophir, and Havilah, and Jobab. All these were the sons of Joktan.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JOBAB.
2. A king of Edom
- Genesis 36:33-34 And Bela died, and Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead. 34 And Jobab died, and Husham of the land of Temani reigned in his stead.
- 1 Chronicles 1:44-45 And when Bela was dead, Jobab the son of Zerah of Bozrah reigned in his stead. 45 And when Jobab was dead, Husham of the land of the Temanites reigned in his stead.
⇒Definition of job
3. A king of Madon
- Joshua 11:1 And it came to pass, when Jabin king of Hazor had heard those things, that he sent to Jobab king of Madon, and to the king of Shimron, and to the king of Achshaph,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jobab.
4. Name of two Benjamites of whom little is known
- 1 Chronicles 8:9 And he begat of Hodesh his wife, Jobab, and Zibia, and Mesha, and Malcham,
- 1 Chronicles 8:18 Ishmerai also, and Jezliah, and Jobab, the sons of Elpaal;