Jesaiah in the Bible
1. Also called JESHAIAH
Grandson of Zerubbabel
- 1 Chronicles 3:21 And the sons of Hananiah; Pelatiah, and Jesaiah: the sons of Rephaiah, the sons of Arnan, the sons of Obadiah, the sons of Shechaniah.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jesaiah.
2. Son of Jeduthun
- 1 Chronicles 25:3 Of Jeduthun: the sons of Jeduthun; Gedaliah, and Zeri, and Jeshaiah, Hashabiah, and Mattithiah, six, under the hands of their father Jeduthun, who prophesied with a harp, to give thanks and to praise the LORD.
- 1 Chronicles 25:15 The eighth to Jeshaiah, he, his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
3. Grandson of Eliezer
- 1 Chronicles 26:25 And his brethren by Eliezer; Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomith his son.
4. A Jew of the family of Elam, who returned from exile
- Ezra 8:7 And of the sons of Elam; Jeshaiah the son of Athaliah, and with him seventy males.
5. A Levite who joined Ezra to return to Jerusalem
- Ezra 8:19 And Hashabiah, and with him Jeshaiah of the sons of Merari, his brethren and their sons, twenty;
6. A Benjamite, chosen by lot to live in Jerusalem after the exile
- Nehemiah 11:7 And these are the sons of Benjamin; Sallu the son of Meshullam, the son of Joed, the son of Pedaiah, the son of Kolaiah, the son of Maaseiah, the son of Ithiel, the son of Jesaiah.