Jeiel in the Bible
1. Also called JEHIEL
- 1 Chronicles 5:7 And his brethren by their families, when the genealogy of their generations was reckoned, were the chief, Jeiel, and Zechariah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JEIEL.
2. A Benjamite
- 1 Chronicles 9:35 And in Gibeon dwelt the father of Gibeon, Jehiel, whose wife's name was Maachah:
3. One of David's heroes
- 1 Chronicles 11:44 Uzzia the Ashterathite, Shama and Jehiel the sons of Hothan the Aroerite,
4. A Levite and chorister in the tabernacle services
- 1 Chronicles 15:18 And with them their brethren of the second degree, Zechariah, Ben, and Jaaziel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Unni, Eliab, and Benaiah, and Maaseiah, and Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obededom, and Jeiel, the porters.
- 1 Chronicles 15:21 And Mattithiah, and Elipheleh, and Mikneiah, and Obededom, and Jeiel, and Azaziah, with harps on the Sheminith to excel.
- 1 Chronicles 16:5 Asaph the chief, and next to him Zechariah, Jeiel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehiel, and Mattithiah, and Eliab, and Benaiah, and Obededom: and Jeiel with psalteries and with harps; but Asaph made a sound with cymbals;
5. A Levite, ancestor of Jehaziel, who encouraged Judah against their enemies
- 2 Chronicles 20:14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
6. A scribe during the reign of Uzziah
- 2 Chronicles 26:11 Moreover Uzziah had an host of fighting men, that went out to war by bands, according to the number of their account by the hand of Jeiel the scribe and Maaseiah the ruler, under the hand of Hananiah, one of the king's captains.
7. A Levite who cleansed the temple
- 2 Chronicles 29:13 And of the sons of Elizaphan; Shimri, and Jeiel: and of the sons of Asaph; Zechariah, and Mattaniah:
8. A chief of the Levites who gave, with other chiefs, five-thousand five-hundred "small cattle" for sacrifice
- 2 Chronicles 35:9 Conaniah also, and Shemaiah and Nethaneel, his brethren, and Hashabiah and Jeiel and Jozabad, chief of the Levites, gave unto the Levites for passover offerings five thousand small cattle, and five hundred oxen.
9. A son of Adonikam, an exile who returned to Jerusalem with Ezra
- Ezra 8:13 And of the last sons of Adonikam, whose names are these, Eliphelet, Jeiel, and Shemaiah, and with them threescore males.
10. A priest who was defiled by marriage to an idolatrous woman
- Ezra 10:43 Of the sons of Nebo; Jeiel, Mattithiah, Zabad, Zebina, Jadau, and Joel, Benaiah.