Jehohanan in the Bible
1. A porter of the tabernacle
- 1 Chronicles 26:3 Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Elioenai the seventh.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JEHOHANAN.
2. A military chief under Jehoshaphat, whose corps consisted of two-hundred and eighty thousand men
- 2 Chronicles 17:15 And next to him was Jehohanan the captain, and with him two hundred and fourscore thousand.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jehohanan.
Probably identical with a captain of a hundred, in
- 2 Chronicles 23:1 And in the seventh year Jehoiada strengthened himself, and took the captains of hundreds, Azariah the son of Jeroham, and Ishmael the son of Jehohanan, and Azariah the son of Obed, and Maaseiah the son of Adaiah, and Elishaphat the son of Zichri, into covenant with him.
3. Son of Bebai
- Ezra 10:28 Of the sons also of Bebai; Jehohanan, Hananiah, Zabbai, and Athlai.
4. A priest among the exiles who returned from Babylon
- Nehemiah 12:13 Of Ezra, Meshullam; of Amariah, Jehohanan;
5. A chorister in the temple
- Nehemiah 12:42 And Maaseiah, and Shemaiah, and Eleazar, and Uzzi, and Jehohanan, and Malchijah, and Elam, and Ezer. And the singers sang loud, with Jezrahiah their overseer.