Jedaiah in the Bible
1. Descendant of Simeon
- 1 Chronicles 4:37 And Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah;
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JEDAIAH.
2. A returned exile
- Nehemiah 3:10 And next unto them repaired Jedaiah the son of Harumaph, even over against his house. And next unto him repaired Hattush the son of Hashabniah.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jedaiah.
3. A priest of the captivity
- 1 Chronicles 9:10 And of the priests; Jedaiah, and Jehoiarib, and Jachin,
- 1 Chronicles 24:7 Now the first lot came forth to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah,
- Ezra 2:36 The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred seventy and three.
- Nehemiah 7:39 The priests: the children of Jedaiah, of the house of Jeshua, nine hundred seventy and three.
4. A priest who lived in Jerusalem after the return of the captivity
- Nehemiah 11:10 Of the priests: Jedaiah the son of Joiarib, Jachin.
- Nehemiah 12:6 Shemaiah, and Joiarib, Jedaiah,
- Nehemiah 12:19 And of Joiarib, Mattenai; of Jedaiah, Uzzi;
- Zechariah 6:10 Take of them of the captivity, even of Heldai, of Tobijah, and of Jedaiah, which are come from Babylon, and come thou the same day, and go into the house of Josiah the son of Zephaniah;
- Zechariah 6:14 And the crowns shall be to Helem, and to Tobijah, and to Jedaiah, and to Hen the son of Zephaniah, for a memorial in the temple of the LORD.
5. Another priest, who returned from Babylon with Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 12:7 Sallu, Amok, Hilkiah, Jedaiah. These were the chief of the priests and of their brethren in the days of Jeshua.
- Nehemiah 12:21 Of Hilkiah, Hashabiah; of Jedaiah, Nethaneel.