Jazer in the Bible
1. A city of refuge east of the Jordan River
- Joshua 21:39 Heshbon with her suburbs, Jazer with her suburbs; four cities in all.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JAZER.
Taken from the Amorites
- Numbers 21:32 And Moses sent to spy out Jaazer, and they took the villages thereof, and drove out the Amorites that were there.
- Numbers 32:1 Now the children of Reuben and the children of Gad had a very great multitude of cattle: and when they saw the land of Jazer, and the land of Gilead, that, behold, the place was a place for cattle;
- Numbers 32:3 Ataroth, and Dibon, and Jazer, and Nimrah, and Heshbon, and Elealeh, and Shebam, and Nebo, and Beon,
- Numbers 32:35 And Atroth, Shophan, and Jaazer, and Jogbehah,
- Joshua 13:25 And their coast was Jazer, and all the cities of Gilead, and half the land of the children of Ammon, unto Aroer that is before Rabbah;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jazer.
2. Sea of
- Jeremiah 48:32 O vine of Sibmah, I will weep for thee with the weeping of Jazer: thy plants are gone over the sea, they reach even to the sea of Jazer: the spoiler is fallen upon thy summer fruits and upon thy vintage.