Jarmuth in the Bible
1. A city in the territory of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 10:3 Wherefore Adonizedek king of Jerusalem sent unto Hoham king of Hebron, and unto Piram king of Jarmuth, and unto Japhia king of Lachish, and unto Debir king of Eglon, saying,
- Joshua 10:5 Therefore the five kings of the Amorites, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, the king of Eglon, gathered themselves together, and went up, they and all their hosts, and encamped before Gibeon, and made war against it.
- Joshua 10:23 And they did so, and brought forth those five kings unto him out of the cave, the king of Jerusalem, the king of Hebron, the king of Jarmuth, the king of Lachish, and the king of Eglon.
- Joshua 12:11 The king of Jarmuth, one; the king of Lachish, one;
- Joshua 15:35 Jarmuth, and Adullam, Socoh, and Azekah,
- Nehemiah 11:29 And at Enrimmon, and at Zareah, and at Jarmuth,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JARMUTH.
2. A Levitical city in Issachar
- Joshua 21:29 Jarmuth with her suburbs, Engannim with her suburbs; four cities.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jarmuth.