Jahaziel in the Bible
1. A disaffected Israelite who joined David at Ziklag
- 1 Chronicles 12:4 And Ismaiah the Gibeonite, a mighty man among the thirty, and over the thirty; and Jeremiah, and Jahaziel, and Johanan, and Josabad the Gederathite,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for JAHAZIEL.
2. A priest
- 1 Chronicles 16:6 Benaiah also and Jahaziel the priests with trumpets continually before the ark of the covenant of God.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Jahaziel.
3. Son of Hebron
- 1 Chronicles 23:19 Of the sons of Hebron; Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, and Jekameam the fourth.
- 1 Chronicles 24:23 And the sons of Hebron; Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, Jekameam the fourth.
4. A Levite and a prophet
- 2 Chronicles 20:14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
5. A chief, or the father of a chief, among the exiles, who returned from Babylon
- Ezra 8:5 Of the sons of Shechaniah; the son of Jahaziel, and with him three hundred males.