Jachin in the Bible
1. Son of Simeon
- Genesis 46:10 And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman.
- Exodus 6:15 And the sons of Simeon; Jemuel, and Jamin, and Ohad, and Jachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the son of a Canaanitish woman: these are the families of Simeon.
- Numbers 26:12 The sons of Simeon after their families: of Nemuel, the family of the Nemuelites: of Jamin, the family of the Jaminites: of Jachin, the family of the Jachinites:
- 1 Chronicles 4:24 The sons of Simeon were, Nemuel, and Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, and Shaul:
2. Name of a pillar
- 1 Kings 7:21 And he set up the pillars in the porch of the temple: and he set up the right pillar, and called the name thereof Jachin: and he set up the left pillar, and called the name thereof Boaz.
- 2 Chronicles 3:17 And he reared up the pillars before the temple, one on the right hand, and the other on the left; and called the name of that on the right hand Jachin, and the name of that on the left Boaz.
3. A priest, who returned from the exile to Jerusalem
- 1 Chronicles 9:10 And of the priests; Jedaiah, and Jehoiarib, and Jachin,
- Nehemiah 11:10 Of the priests: Jedaiah the son of Joiarib, Jachin.
4. A priest, head of one of the shifts of priests
- 1 Chronicles 24:17 The one and twentieth to Jachin, the two and twentieth to Gamul,