Irrigation in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Deuteronomy 11:10 For the land, whither thou goest in to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt, from whence ye came out, where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with thy foot, as a garden of herbs:
- Proverbs 21:1 The king's heart is in the hand of the LORD, as the rivers of water: he turneth it whithersoever he will.
- Ecclesiastes 2:6 I made me pools of water, to water therewith the wood that bringeth forth trees:
- Isaiah 58:11 And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for IRRIGATION.
- 1 Corinthians 3:6 I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.
- 1 Corinthians 3:8 Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Irrigation.