Iconium in the Bible
(A city of Asia Minor) Paul preaches in
- Acts 13:51 But they shook off the dust of their feet against them, and came unto Iconium.
- Acts 14:21-22 And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, 22 Confirming the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
- Acts 16:2 Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ICONIUM.
Paul is persecuted by the people of
- Acts 14:1-6 And it came to pass in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Jews, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Jews and also of the Greeks believed. 2 But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren. 3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands. 4 But the multitude of the city was divided: and part held with the Jews, and part with the apostles. ...
- 2 Timothy 3:11 Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Iconium.