Hodiah in the Bible
Also called HODIJAH 1. Wife of Ezra
- 1 Chronicles 4:19 And the sons of his wife Hodiah the sister of Naham, the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maachathite.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HOD.
2. A Levite
- Nehemiah 8:7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
- Nehemiah 9:5 Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
- Nehemiah 10:10 And their brethren, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan,
- Nehemiah 10:13 Hodijah, Bani, Beninu.
⇒Definition of hod
3. An Israelitish chief
- Nehemiah 10:18 Hodijah, Hashum, Bezai,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hodiah.