Heth in the Bible
Son of Canaan, and ancestor of the Hittites
- Genesis 10:15 And Canaan begat Sidon his firstborn, and Heth,
- Genesis 23:3 And Abraham stood up from before his dead, and spake unto the sons of Heth, saying,
- Genesis 23:5 And the children of Heth answered Abraham, saying unto him,
- Genesis 23:7 And Abraham stood up, and bowed himself to the people of the land, even to the children of Heth.
- Genesis 23:10 And Ephron dwelt among the children of Heth: and Ephron the Hittite answered Abraham in the audience of the children of Heth, even of all that went in at the gate of his city, saying,
- Genesis 23:16 And Abraham hearkened unto Ephron; and Abraham weighed to Ephron the silver, which he had named in the audience of the sons of Heth, four hundred shekels of silver, current money with the merchant.
- Genesis 23:18 Unto Abraham for a possession in the presence of the children of Heth, before all that went in at the gate of his city.
- Genesis 27:46 And Rebekah said to Isaac, I am weary of my life because of the daughters of Heth: if Jacob take a wife of the daughters of Heth, such as these which are of the daughters of the land, what good shall my life do me?
- Genesis 49:32 The purchase of the field and of the cave that is therein was from the children of Heth.
- 1 Chronicles 1:13 And Canaan begat Zidon his firstborn, and Heth,