Hermon in the Bible
A mountain in the north of Palestine Called
- Deuteronomy 3:8-9 And we took at that time out of the hand of the two kings of the Amorites the land that was on this side Jordan, from the river of Arnon unto mount Hermon; 9 (Which Hermon the Sidonians call Sirion; and the Amorites call it Shenir;)
- Psalm 29:6 He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HERMON.
- Deuteronomy 4:48 From Aroer, which is by the bank of the river Arnon, even unto mount Sion, which is Hermon,
- Psalm 133:3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
⇒Definition of heron
- Deuteronomy 3:9 (Which Hermon the Sidonians call Sirion; and the Amorites call it Shenir;)
- 1 Chronicles 5:23 And the children of the half tribe of Manasseh dwelt in the land: they increased from Bashan unto Baalhermon and Senir, and unto mount Hermon.
- Song of Solomon 4:8 Come with me from Lebanon, my spouse, with me from Lebanon: look from the top of Amana, from the top of Shenir and Hermon, from the lions' dens, from the mountains of the leopards.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hermon.