Hashum in the Bible
1. Ancestor of certain Jews who returned from the captivity
- Ezra 2:19 The children of Hashum, two hundred twenty and three.
- Ezra 10:33 Of the sons of Hashum; Mattenai, Mattathah, Zabad, Eliphelet, Jeremai, Manasseh, and Shimei.
- Nehemiah 7:22 The children of Hashum, three hundred twenty and eight.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HASHUM.
2. A priest
- Nehemiah 8:4 And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hashum.
3. A head of a family
- Nehemiah 10:18 Hodijah, Hashum, Bezai,