Hanan in the Bible
1. Son of Shashak
- 1 Chronicles 8:23 And Abdon, and Zichri, and Hanan,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HANAN.
2. Son of Azel
- 1 Chronicles 8:38 And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and Hanan. All these were the sons of Azel.
- 1 Chronicles 9:44 And Azel had six sons, whose names are these, Azrikam, Bocheru, and Ishmael, and Sheariah, and Obadiah, and Hanan: these were the sons of Azel.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hanan.
3. One of David's mighty men
- 1 Chronicles 11:43 Hanan the son of Maachah, and Joshaphat the Mithnite,
4. One of the Nethinim
- Ezra 2:46 The children of Hagab, the children of Shalmai, the children of Hanan,
- Nehemiah 7:49 The children of Hanan, the children of Giddel, the children of Gahar,
5. A Levite
- Nehemiah 8:7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
- Nehemiah 10:10 And their brethren, Shebaniah, Hodijah, Kelita, Pelaiah, Hanan,
Probably identical with the one mentioned in
- Nehemiah 13:13 And I made treasurers over the treasuries, Shelemiah the priest, and Zadok the scribe, and of the Levites, Pedaiah: and next to them was Hanan the son of Zaccur, the son of Mattaniah: for they were counted faithful, and their office was to distribute unto their brethren.
6. A chief who sealed the covenant with Nehemiah
- Nehemiah 10:22 Pelatiah, Hanan, Anaiah,
- Nehemiah 10:26 And Ahijah, Hanan, Anan,
7. An officer in the temple
- Jeremiah 35:2-10 Go unto the house of the Rechabites, and speak unto them, and bring them into the house of the LORD, into one of the chambers, and give them wine to drink. 3 Then I took Jaazaniah the son of Jeremiah, the son of Habaziniah, and his brethren, and all his sons, and the whole house of the Rechabites; 4 And I brought them into the house of the LORD, into the chamber of the sons of Hanan, the son of Igdaliah, a man of God, which was by the chamber of the princes, which was above the chamber of Maaseiah the son of Shallum, the keeper of the door: 5 And I set before the sons of the house of the Rechabites pots full of wine, and cups, and I said unto them, Drink ye wine. ...