Hadoram in the Bible
1. Descendant of Shem
- Genesis 10:27 And Hadoram, and Uzal, and Diklah,
- 1 Chronicles 1:21 Hadoram also, and Uzal, and Diklah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HADORAM.
2. Son of Ton, or Toi
- 1 Chronicles 18:10 He sent Hadoram his son to king David, to inquire of his welfare, and to congratulate him, because he had fought against Hadarezer, and smitten him; (for Hadarezer had war with Tou;) and with him all manner of vessels of gold and silver and brass.
⇒Definition of had
- 2 Samuel 8:10 Then Toi sent Joram his son unto king David, to salute him, and to bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer, and smitten him: for Hadadezer had wars with Toi. And Joram brought with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and vessels of brass:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hadoram.
3. Chief officer of the tribute under Rehoboam
- 2 Chronicles 10:18 Then king Rehoboam sent Hadoram that was over the tribute; and the children of Israel stoned him with stones, that he died. But king Rehoboam made speed to get him up to his chariot, to flee to Jerusalem.
Probably identical with ADONIRAM of
- 1 Kings 4:6 And Ahishar was over the household: and Adoniram the son of Abda was over the tribute.
- 1 Kings 5:14 And he sent them to Lebanon, ten thousand a month by courses: a month they were in Lebanon, and two months at home: and Adoniram was over the levy.
And ADORAM of
- 2 Samuel 20:24 And Adoram was over the tribute: and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder: