Hadad in the Bible
1. A successor of Husham as king of Edom
Vanquished the Midianites on the field of Moab
- Genesis 36:35 And Husham died, and Hadad the son of Bedad, who smote Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead: and the name of his city was Avith.
- 1 Chronicles 1:46 And when Husham was dead, Hadad the son of Bedad, which smote Midian in the field of Moab, reigned in his stead: and the name of his city was Avith.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for HADAD.
2. A son of Ishmael
- 1 Chronicles 1:30 Mishma, and Dumah, Massa, Hadad, and Tema,
⇒Definition of had
Called HADAR in
- Genesis 25:15 Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Hadad.
3. Successor of Baal-hanan, king of Edom
- 1 Chronicles 1:50 And when Baalhanan was dead, Hadad reigned in his stead: and the name of his city was Pai; and his wife's name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
Called HADAR in
- Genesis 36:39 And Baalhanan the son of Achbor died, and Hadar reigned in his stead: and the name of his city was Pau; and his wife's name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.
4. A prince of Edom
Adversary of Solomon
- 1 Kings 11:14-22 And the LORD stirred up an adversary unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite: he was of the king's seed in Edom. 15 For it came to pass, when David was in Edom, and Joab the captain of the host was gone up to bury the slain, after he had smitten every male in Edom; 16 (For six months did Joab remain there with all Israel, until he had cut off every male in Edom:) 17 That Hadad fled, he and certain Edomites of his father's servants with him, to go into Egypt; Hadad being yet a little child. ...
- 1 Kings 11:25 And he was an adversary to Israel all the days of Solomon, beside the mischief that Hadad did: and he abhorred Israel, and reigned over Syria.