Gossip in the Bible
- Leviticus 19:16 Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.
- Psalm 50:20 Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.
- Proverbs 11:13 A talebearer revealeth secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.
- Proverbs 20:19 He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.
- Ezekiel 22:9 In thee are men that carry tales to shed blood: and in thee they eat upon the mountains: in the midst of thee they commit lewdness.
See SPEAKING, EVIL