Gibbethon in the Bible
A city of the tribe of Dan
- Joshua 19:44 And Eltekeh, and Gibbethon, and Baalath,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for GIBBETHON.
Allotted to the Levites
- Joshua 21:23 And out of the tribe of Dan, Eltekeh with her suburbs, Gibbethon with her suburbs,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Gibbethon.
Besieged by Israel, while in possession of Philistines
- 1 Kings 15:27 And Baasha the son of Ahijah, of the house of Issachar, conspired against him; and Baasha smote him at Gibbethon, which belonged to the Philistines; for Nadab and all Israel laid siege to Gibbethon.
- 1 Kings 16:15 In the twenty and seventh year of Asa king of Judah did Zimri reign seven days in Tirzah. And the people were encamped against Gibbethon, which belonged to the Philistines.
- 1 Kings 16:17 And Omri went up from Gibbethon, and all Israel with him, and they besieged Tirzah.