Gedor in the Bible
1. A city in the mountains of the tribe of Judah
- Joshua 15:58 Halhul, Bethzur, and Gedor,
2. The town of Jeroham
- 1 Chronicles 12:7 And Joelah, and Zebadiah, the sons of Jeroham of Gedor.
Possibly identical with GEDER (which see)
3. Valley of, taken by Simeonites
- 1 Chronicles 4:39 And they went to the entrance of Gedor, even unto the east side of the valley, to seek pasture for their flocks.
4. An ancestor of Saul
- 1 Chronicles 8:31 And Gedor, and Ahio, and Zacher.
- 1 Chronicles 9:37 And Gedor, and Ahio, and Zechariah, and Mikloth.
5. Either a place or a person (authorities disagree)
- 1 Chronicles 4:4 And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah. These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah, the father of Bethlehem.
- 1 Chronicles 4:18 And his wife Jehudijah bare Jered the father of Gedor, and Heber the father of Socho, and Jekuthiel the father of Zanoah. And these are the sons of Bithiah the daughter of Pharaoh, which Mered took.