Gebal in the Bible
1. A city south of Sidon
Given to Reuben
- Joshua 13:5 And the land of the Giblites, and all Lebanon, toward the sunrising, from Baalgad under mount Hermon unto the entering into Hamath.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for GEBAL.
People of, work for Solomon
- 1 Kings 5:18 And Solomon's builders and Hiram's builders did hew them, and the stonesquarers: so they prepared timber and stones to build the house.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Gebal.
- Ezekiel 27:9 The ancients of Gebal and the wise men thereof were in thee thy calkers: all the ships of the sea with their mariners were in thee to occupy thy merchandise.
2. A district near the Dead Sea
- Psalm 83:7 Gebal, and Ammon, and Amalek; the Philistines with the inhabitants of Tyre;