Garrison in the Bible
A military camp
- 1 Samuel 13:3 And Jonathan smote the garrison of the Philistines that was in Geba, and the Philistines heard of it. And Saul blew the trumpet throughout all the land, saying, Let the Hebrews hear.
- 1 Samuel 14:1 Now it came to pass upon a day, that Jonathan the son of Saul said unto the young man that bare his armour, Come, and let us go over to the Philistines' garrison, that is on the other side. But he told not his father.
- 2 Samuel 8:6 Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus: and the Syrians became servants to David, and brought gifts. And the LORD preserved David whithersoever he went.
- 2 Samuel 8:14 And he put garrisons in Edom; throughout all Edom put he garrisons, and all they of Edom became David's servants. And the LORD preserved David whithersoever he went.
- 2 Samuel 23:14 And David was then in an hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for GARRISON.
⇒Definition of garrison
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Garrison.