Gall in the Bible
Any bitter or poisonous substance, like bile
- Job 16:13 His archers compass me round about, he cleaveth my reins asunder, and doth not spare; he poureth out my gall upon the ground.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for GALL.
Venom of serpents
- Job 20:14 Yet his meat in his bowels is turned, it is the gall of asps within him.
⇒Definition of gall
A bitter herb
- Deuteronomy 29:18 Lest there should be among you man, or woman, or family, or tribe, whose heart turneth away this day from the LORD our God, to go and serve the gods of these nations; lest there should be among you a root that beareth gall and wormwood;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Gall.
Given to Jesus
- Psalm 69:21 They gave me also gall for my meat; and in my thirst they gave me vinegar to drink.
- Matthew 27:34 They gave him vinegar to drink mingled with gall: and when he had tasted thereof, he would not drink.
Gall of bitterness
- Acts 8:23 For I perceive that thou art in the gall of bitterness, and in the bond of iniquity.