Gaius in the Bible
1. A Macedonian, and a companion of Paul
Seized at Ephesus
- Acts 19:29 And the whole city was filled with confusion: and having caught Gaius and Aristarchus, men of Macedonia, Paul's companions in travel, they rushed with one accord into the theatre.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for GAIUS.
2. A man of Derbe; accompanied Paul from Macedonia
- Acts 20:4 And there accompanied him into Asia Sopater of Berea; and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus and Secundus; and Gaius of Derbe, and Timotheus; and of Asia, Tychicus and Trophimus.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Gaius.
3. A Corinthian, whom Paul baptized
- Romans 16:23 Gaius mine host, and of the whole church, saluteth you. Erastus the chamberlain of the city saluteth you, and Quartus a brother.
- 1 Corinthians 1:14 I thank God that I baptized none of you, but Crispus and Gaius;
4. Man to whom John's third epistle was addressed
- 3 John 14 But I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face. Peace be to thee. Our friends salute thee. Greet the friends by name.