Fable in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- 1 Timothy 1:4 Neither give heed to fables and endless genealogies, which minister questions, rather than godly edifying which is in faith: so do.
- 1 Timothy 4:7 But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness.
- 2 Timothy 4:4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
- Titus 1:7 For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
- Titus 1:14 Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.
- 2 Peter 1:16 For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for FABLE.
⇒Definition of fable
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Fable.