Eshtemoa in the Bible
1. Also called ESHTEMOH
A town of Canaan assigned to Judah
- Joshua 15:50 And Anab, and Eshtemoh, and Anim,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ESHTEMOA.
Allotted to the Aaronites
- Joshua 21:14 And Jattir with her suburbs, and Eshtemoa with her suburbs,
- 1 Chronicles 6:57 And to the sons of Aaron they gave the cities of Judah, namely, Hebron, the city of refuge, and Libnah with her suburbs, and Jattir, and Eshtemoa, with their suburbs,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Eshtemnoa.
David shared plunder with
- 1 Samuel 30:28 And to them which were in Aroer, and to them which were in Siphmoth, and to them which were in Eshtemoa,
2. A descendant of Ezra
- 1 Chronicles 4:17 And the sons of Ezra were, Jether, and Mered, and Epher, and Jalon: and she bare Miriam, and Shammai, and Ishbah the father of Eshtemoa.
- 1 Chronicles 4:19 And the sons of his wife Hodiah the sister of Naham, the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maachathite.