Elishama in the Bible
1. Grandfather of Joshua
- Numbers 1:10 Of the children of Joseph: of Ephraim; Elishama the son of Ammihud: of Manasseh; Gamaliel the son of Pedahzur.
- Numbers 2:18 On the west side shall be the standard of the camp of Ephraim according to their armies: and the captain of the sons of Ephraim shall be Elishama the son of Ammihud.
- Numbers 7:48 On the seventh day Elishama the son of Ammihud, prince of the children of Ephraim, offered:
- Numbers 7:53 And for a sacrifice of peace offerings, two oxen, five rams, five he goats, five lambs of the first year: this was the offering of Elishama the son of Ammihud.
- Numbers 10:22 And the standard of the camp of the children of Ephraim set forward according to their armies: and over his host was Elishama the son of Ammihud.
- 1 Chronicles 7:26 Laadan his son, Ammihud his son, Elishama his son,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ELISHAMA.
2. A son of David
- 2 Samuel 5:16 And Elishama, and Eliada, and Eliphalet.
- 1 Chronicles 3:8 And Elishama, and Eliada, and Eliphelet, nine.
- 1 Chronicles 14:7 And Elishama, and Beeliada, and Eliphalet.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Elishama.
3. Another son of David, elsewhere called ELISHUA, which see
- 1 Chronicles 3:6 Ibhar also, and Elishama, and Eliphelet,
4. A descendant of Judah
- 1 Chronicles 2:41 And Shallum begat Jekamiah, and Jekamiah begat Elishama.
5. Probably identical with number four
- 2 Kings 25:25 But it came to pass in the seventh month, that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah, the son of Elishama, of the seed royal, came, and ten men with him, and smote Gedaliah, that he died, and the Jews and the Chaldees that were with him at Mizpah.
- Jeremiah 41:1 Now it came to pass in the seventh month, that Ishmael the son of Nethaniah the son of Elishama, of the seed royal, and the princes of the king, even ten men with him, came unto Gedaliah the son of Ahikam to Mizpah; and there they did eat bread together in Mizpah.
6. A secretary to Jehoiakim
- Jeremiah 36:12 Then he went down into the king's house, into the scribe's chamber: and, lo, all the princes sat there, even Elishama the scribe, and Delaiah the son of Shemaiah, and Elnathan the son of Achbor, and Gemariah the son of Shaphan, and Zedekiah the son of Hananiah, and all the princes.
7. A priest sent by Jehoshaphat to teach the law
- 2 Chronicles 17:8 And with them he sent Levites, even Shemaiah, and Nethaniah, and Zebadiah, and Asahel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehonathan, and Adonijah, and Tobijah, and Tobadonijah, Levites; and with them Elishama and Jehoram, priests.