Ehud in the Bible
1. A descendant of Benjamin
- 1 Chronicles 8:6 And these are the sons of Ehud: these are the heads of the fathers of the inhabitants of Geba, and they removed them to Manahath:
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for EHUD.
- Genesis 46:21 And the sons of Benjamin were Belah, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi, and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Ehud.
Probably identical with AHIRAM, mentioned in
- Numbers 26:38 The sons of Benjamin after their families: of Bela, the family of the Belaites: of Ashbel, the family of the Ashbelites: of Ahiram, the family of the Ahiramites:
- 1 Chronicles 8:1 Now Benjamin begat Bela his firstborn, Ashbel the second, and Aharah the third,
- 1 Chronicles 8:4 And Abishua, and Naaman, and Ahoah,
- 1 Chronicles 8:7 And Naaman, and Ahiah, and Gera, he removed them, and begat Uzza, and Ahihud.
- 1 Chronicles 7:12 Shuppim also, and Huppim, the children of Ir, and Hushim, the sons of Aher.
2. Son of Bilhan
- 1 Chronicles 7:10 The sons also of Jediael; Bilhan: and the sons of Bilhan; Jeush, and Benjamin, and Ehud, and Chenaanah, and Zethan, and Tharshish, and Ahishahar.
3. A Benjamite, the assassin of Eglon
- Judges 3:16 But Ehud made him a dagger which had two edges, of a cubit length; and he did gird it under his raiment upon his right thigh.