Eber in the Bible
Also called HEBER 1. The probable founder of the Hebrew race
- Genesis 10:21-25 Unto Shem also, the father of all the children of Eber, the brother of Japheth the elder, even to him were children born. 22 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram. 23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash. 24 And Arphaxad begat Salah; and Salah begat Eber. ...
- Genesis 11:14 And Salah lived thirty years, and begat Eber:
- 1 Chronicles 1:19 And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of the one was Peleg; because in his days the earth was divided: and his brother's name was Joktan.
- 1 Chronicles 1:25 Eber, Peleg, Reu,
- Luke 3:35 Which was the son of Saruch, which was the son of Ragau, which was the son of Phalec, which was the son of Heber, which was the son of Sala,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for EBER.
- Numbers 24:24 And ships shall come from the coast of Chittim, and shall afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber, and he also shall perish for ever.
2. A Gadite, called HEBER
- 1 Chronicles 5:13 And their brethren of the house of their fathers were, Michael, and Meshullam, and Sheba, and Jorai, and Jachan, and Zia, and Heber, seven.
3. A Benjamite
- 1 Chronicles 8:12 The sons of Elpaal; Eber, and Misham, and Shamed, who built Ono, and Lod, with the towns thereof:
4. A Benjamite of Jerusalem
- 1 Chronicles 8:22 And Ishpan, and Heber, and Eliel,
5. A priest
- Nehemiah 12:20 Of Sallai, Kallai; of Amok, Eber;