Ebal in the Bible
1. Son of Joktan
- 1 Chronicles 1:22 And Ebal, and Abimael, and Sheba,
2. A Horite
- Genesis 36:23 And the children of Shobal were these; Alvan, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shepho, and Onam.
- 1 Chronicles 1:40 The sons of Shobal; Alian, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shephi, and Onam. And the sons of Zibeon; Aiah, and Anah.
3. A mountain of Ephraim. Half of the tribes of Israel stand on, to respond Amen to the curses of the law
- Deuteronomy 11:29 And it shall come to pass, when the LORD thy God hath brought thee in unto the land whither thou goest to possess it, that thou shalt put the blessing upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal.
- Deuteronomy 27:12-13 These shall stand upon mount Gerizim to bless the people, when ye are come over Jordan; Simeon, and Levi, and Judah, and Issachar, and Joseph, and Benjamin: 13 And these shall stand upon mount Ebal to curse; Reuben, Gad, and Asher, and Zebulun, Dan, and Naphtali.
- Joshua 8:33 And all Israel, and their elders, and officers, and their judges, stood on this side the ark and on that side before the priests the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, as well the stranger, as he that was born among them; half of them over against mount Gerizim, and half of them over against mount Ebal; as Moses the servant of the LORD had commanded before, that they should bless the people of Israel.
Altar built on
- Joshua 8:30 Then Joshua built an altar unto the LORD God of Israel in mount Ebal,