Dodo in the Bible
1. A descendant of Issachar
- Judges 10:1 And after Abimelech there arose to defend Israel Tola the son of Puah, the son of Dodo, a man of Issachar; and he dwelt in Shamir in mount Ephraim.
⇒Definition of dodo
2. One of David's heroes
- 2 Samuel 23:9 And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away:
- 1 Chronicles 11:12 And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo, the Ahohite, who was one of the three mighties.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Dodo.
- 1 Chronicles 27:4 And over the course of the second month was Dodai an Ahohite, and of his course was Mikloth also the ruler: in his course likewise were twenty and four thousand.
3. A Bethlehemite
- 2 Samuel 23:24 Asahel the brother of Joab was one of the thirty; Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,
- 1 Chronicles 11:26 Also the valiant men of the armies were, Asahel the brother of Joab, Elhanan the son of Dodo of Bethlehem,