Counsel in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Proverbs 1:5 A wise man will hear, and will increase learning; and a man of understanding shall attain unto wise counsels:
- Proverbs 9:9 Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
- Proverbs 11:14 Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counsellers there is safety.
- Proverbs 12:15 The way of a fool is right in his own eyes: but he that hearkeneth unto counsel is wise.
- Proverbs 15:22 Without counsel purposes are disappointed: but in the multitude of counsellers they are established.
- Proverbs 19:20 Hear counsel, and receive instruction, that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end.
- Proverbs 20:18 Every purpose is established by counsel: and with good advice make war.
- Proverbs 24:6 For by wise counsel thou shalt make thy war: and in multitude of counsellers there is safety.
- Proverbs 27:9 Ointment and perfume rejoice the heart: so doth the sweetness of a man's friend by hearty counsel.
- Proverbs 1:24-33 Because I have called, and ye refused; I have stretched out my hand, and no man regarded; 25 But ye have set at nought all my counsel, and would none of my reproof: 26 I also will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear cometh; 27 When your fear cometh as desolation, and your destruction cometh as a whirlwind; when distress and anguish cometh upon you. ...
- 1 Kings 12:8-16 But he forsook the counsel of the old men, which they had given him, and consulted with the young men that were grown up with him, and which stood before him: 9 And he said unto them, What counsel give ye that we may answer this people, who have spoken to me, saying, Make the yoke which thy father did put upon us lighter? 10 And the young men that were grown up with him spake unto him, saying, Thus shalt thou speak unto this people that spake unto thee, saying, Thy father made our yoke heavy, but make thou it lighter unto us; thus shalt thou say unto them, My little finger shall be thicker than my father's loins. 11 And now whereas my father did lade you with a heavy yoke, I will add to your yoke: my father hath chastised you with whips, but I will chastise you with scorpions. ...
By the rich young ruler
- Matthew 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.