Continents in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Genesis 1:9-10 And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so. 10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
- Job 26:7 He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing.
- Job 26:10 He hath compassed the waters with bounds, until the day and night come to an end.
- Job 28:8-11 The lion's whelps have not trodden it, nor the fierce lion passed by it. 9 He putteth forth his hand upon the rock; he overturneth the mountains by the roots. 10 He cutteth out rivers among the rocks; and his eye seeth every precious thing. 11 He bindeth the floods from overflowing; and the thing that is hid bringeth he forth to light.
- Job 38:4-18 Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? declare, if thou hast understanding. 5 Who hath laid the measures thereof, if thou knowest? or who hath stretched the line upon it? 6 Whereupon are the foundations thereof fastened? or who laid the corner stone thereof; 7 When the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy? ...
- Psalm 95:5 The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.
- Psalm 104:5-9 Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever. 6 Thou coveredst it with the deep as with a garment: the waters stood above the mountains. 7 At thy rebuke they fled; at the voice of thy thunder they hasted away. 8 They go up by the mountains; they go down by the valleys unto the place which thou hast founded for them. ...
- Psalm 136:6 To him that stretched out the earth above the waters: for his mercy endureth for ever.
- Also Proverbs 8:29; 30:4.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for CONTINENCY.