Butter in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Genesis 18:8 And he took butter, and milk, and the calf which he had dressed, and set it before them; and he stood by them under the tree, and they did eat.
- Deuteronomy 32:14 Butter of kine, and milk of sheep, with fat of lambs, and rams of the breed of Bashan, and goats, with the fat of kidneys of wheat; and thou didst drink the pure blood of the grape.
- Judges 5:25 He asked water, and she gave him milk; she brought forth butter in a lordly dish.
- 2 Samuel 17:29 And honey, and butter, and sheep, and cheese of kine, for David, and for the people that were with him, to eat: for they said, The people is hungry, and weary, and thirsty, in the wilderness.
- Job 20:17 He shall not see the rivers, the floods, the brooks of honey and butter.
- Isaiah 7:15 Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil, and choose the good.
- Isaiah 7:22 And it shall come to pass, for the abundance of milk that they shall give he shall eat butter: for butter and honey shall every one eat that is left in the land.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for BUTTER.
Made by churning
- Proverbs 30:33 Surely the churning of milk bringeth forth butter, and the wringing of the nose bringeth forth blood: so the forcing of wrath bringeth forth strife.
⇒Definition of butter
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Butter.