Birthday in the Bible
Celebrated by feasts
- Genesis 40:20 And it came to pass the third day, which was Pharaoh's birthday, that he made a feast unto all his servants: and he lifted up the head of the chief butler and of the chief baker among his servants.
- Matthew 14:6 But when Herod's birthday was kept, the daughter of Herodias danced before them, and pleased Herod.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for BIRTHDAY.
- Job 3 After this opened Job his mouth, and cursed his day. 2 And Job spake, and said, 3 Let the day perish wherein I was born, and the night in which it was said, There is a man child conceived. 4 Let that day be darkness; let not God regard it from above, neither let the light shine upon it. ...
- Jeremiah 20:14 Cursed be the day wherein I was born: let not the day wherein my mother bare me be blessed.
- Jeremiah 20:18 Wherefore came I forth out of the womb to see labour and sorrow, that my days should be consumed with shame?
⇒Definition of birthday
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Birthday.