Belly in the Bible
Used figuratively for the seat of the affections
- Job 15:2 Should a wise man utter vain knowledge, and fill his belly with the east wind?
- Job 15:35 They conceive mischief, and bring forth vanity, and their belly prepareth deceit.
- Job 20:20 Surely he shall not feel quietness in his belly, he shall not save of that which he desired.
- Psalm 44:25 For our soul is bowed down to the dust: our belly cleaveth unto the earth.
- Proverbs 18:20 A man's belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
- Proverbs 20:27 The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.
- Proverbs 20:30 The blueness of a wound cleanseth away evil: so do stripes the inward parts of the belly.
- Habakkuk 3:16 When I heard, my belly trembled; my lips quivered at the voice: rottenness entered into my bones, and I trembled in myself, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when he cometh up unto the people, he will invade them with his troops.
- John 7:38 He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
- Titus 1:12 One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for BELLY.
⇒Definition of belly
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Belly.