Basket in the Bible
General scriptures concerning
- Genesis 40:16-17 When the chief baker saw that the interpretation was good, he said unto Joseph, I also was in my dream, and, behold, I had three white baskets on my head: 17 And in the uppermost basket there was of all manner of bakemeats for Pharaoh; and the birds did eat them out of the basket upon my head.
- Exodus 29:3 And thou shalt put them into one basket, and bring them in the basket, with the bullock and the two rams.
- Exodus 29:23 And one loaf of bread, and one cake of oiled bread, and one wafer out of the basket of the unleavened bread that is before the LORD:
- Exodus 29:32 And Aaron and his sons shall eat the flesh of the ram, and the bread that is in the basket, by the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.
- Leviticus 8:2 Take Aaron and his sons with him, and the garments, and the anointing oil, and a bullock for the sin offering, and two rams, and a basket of unleavened bread;
- Numbers 6:15 And a basket of unleavened bread, cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, and wafers of unleavened bread anointed with oil, and their meat offering, and their drink offerings.
- Deuteronomy 26:2 That thou shalt take of the first of all the fruit of the earth, which thou shalt bring of thy land that the LORD thy God giveth thee, and shalt put it in a basket, and shalt go unto the place which the LORD thy God shall choose to place his name there.
- Deuteronomy 28:5 Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
- Deuteronomy 28:17 Cursed shall be thy basket and thy store.
- 2 Kings 10:7 And it came to pass, when the letter came to them, that they took the king's sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent him them to Jezreel.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for BASKET.
Received the fragments after the miracles of the loaves
- Matthew 14:20 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the fragments that remained twelve baskets full.
- Matthew 15:37 And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
- Matthew 16:9-10 Do ye not yet understand, neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many baskets ye took up? 10 Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand, and how many baskets ye took up?
⇒Definition of basket
Paul lowered from the wall in
- Acts 9:25 Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket.
- 2 Corinthians 11:33 And through a window in a basket was I let down by the wall, and escaped his hands.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Basket.