Bani in the Bible
1. A Gadite
- 2 Samuel 23:36 Igal the son of Nathan of Zobah, Bani the Gadite,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for BANI.
2. A Levite
- 1 Chronicles 6:46 The son of Amzi, the son of Bani, the son of Shamer,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Bani.
3. A descendant of Pharez
- 1 Chronicles 9:4 Uthai the son of Ammihud, the son of Omri, the son of Imri, the son of Bani, of the children of Pharez the son of Judah.
4. Father of returned exiles
- Ezra 2:10 The children of Bani, six hundred forty and two.
- Ezra 10:29 And of the sons of Bani; Meshullam, Malluch, and Adaiah, Jashub, and Sheal, and Ramoth.
- Nehemiah 7:15 The children of Binnui, six hundred forty and eight.
5. A Levite of the returned exiles
- Nehemiah 3:17 After him repaired the Levites, Rehum the son of Bani. Next unto him repaired Hashabiah, the ruler of the half part of Keilah, in his part.
- Nehemiah 8:7 Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
- Nehemiah 9:4-5 Then stood up upon the stairs, of the Levites, Jeshua, and Bani, Kadmiel, Shebaniah, Bunni, Sherebiah, Bani, and Chenani, and cried with a loud voice unto the LORD their God. 5 Then the Levites, Jeshua, and Kadmiel, Bani, Hashabniah, Sherebiah, Hodijah, Shebaniah, and Pethahiah, said, Stand up and bless the LORD your God for ever and ever: and blessed be thy glorious name, which is exalted above all blessing and praise.
- Nehemiah 10:13 Hodijah, Bani, Beninu.
- Nehemiah 11:22 The overseer also of the Levites at Jerusalem was Uzzi the son of Bani, the son of Hashabiah, the son of Mattaniah, the son of Micha. Of the sons of Asaph, the singers were over the business of the house of God.