Baanah in the Bible
1. A captain of Ish-bosheth's army
- 2 Samuel 4:2 And Saul's son had two men that were captains of bands: the name of the one was Baanah, and the name of the other Rechab, the sons of Rimmon a Beerothite, of the children of Benjamin: (for Beeroth also was reckoned to Benjamin:
- 2 Samuel 4:5-6 And the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, Rechab and Baanah, went, and came about the heat of the day to the house of Ishbosheth, who lay on a bed at noon. 6 And they came thither into the midst of the house, as though they would have fetched wheat; and they smote him under the fifth rib: and Rechab and Baanah his brother escaped.
- 2 Samuel 4:9 And David answered Rechab and Baanah his brother, the sons of Rimmon the Beerothite, and said unto them, As the LORD liveth, who hath redeemed my soul out of all adversity,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for BAANAH.
2. Father of Heleb
- 2 Samuel 23:29 Heleb the son of Baanah, a Netophathite, Ittai the son of Ribai out of Gibeah of the children of Benjamin,
- 1 Chronicles 11:30 Maharai the Netophathite, Heled the son of Baanah the Netophathite,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Baana.
3. A chief Jew of the exfle
- Ezra 2:2 Which came with Zerubbabel: Jeshua, Nehemiah, Seraiah, Reelaiah, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispar, Bigvai, Rehum, Baanah. The number of the men of the people of Israel:
- Nehemiah 7:7 Who came with Zerubbabel, Jeshua, Nehemiah, Azariah, Raamiah, Nahamani, Mordecai, Bilshan, Mispereth, Bigvai, Nehum, Baanah. The number, I say, of the men of the people of Israel was this;
- Nehemiah 10:27 Malluch, Harim, Baanah.
4. The name is spelled BAANA (R. V.). Son of Hushai
- 1 Kings 4:16 Baanah the son of Hushai was in Asher and in Aloth: