Azmaveth in the Bible
1. One of David's heroes
- 2 Samuel 23:31 Abialbon the Arbathite, Azmaveth the Barhumite,
- 1 Chronicles 11:33 Azmaveth the Baharumite, Eliahba the Shaalbonite,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Azmaveth.
2. A descendant of Jonathan
- 1 Chronicles 8:36 And Ahaz begat Jehoadah; and Jehoadah begat Alemeth, and Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri begat Moza,
- 1 Chronicles 9:42 And Ahaz begat Jarah; and Jarah begat Alemeth, and Azmaveth, and Zimri; and Zimri begat Moza;
3. Son of Adiel
- 1 Chronicles 27:25 And over the king's treasures was Azmaveth the son of Adiel: and over the storehouses in the fields, in the cities, and in the villages, and in the castles, was Jehonathan the son of Uzziah:
4. A village of Judah or Benjamin
- Ezra 2:24 The children of Azmaveth, forty and two.
- Nehemiah 12:29 Also from the house of Gilgal, and out of the fields of Geba and Azmaveth: for the singers had builded them villages round about Jerusalem.
- Nehemiah 7:28 The men of Bethazmaveth, forty and two.