Azareel in the Bible
1. An Aaronite of the family of Korah
- 1 Chronicles 12:6 Elkanah, and Jesiah, and Azareel, and Joezer, and Jashobeam, the Korhites,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for AZAREEL.
2. A musician in the temple
- 1 Chronicles 25:18 The eleventh to Azareel, he, his sons, and his brethren, were twelve:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Azareel.
- 1 Chronicles 25:4 Of Heman: the sons of Heman; Bukkiah, Mattaniah, Uzziel, Shebuel, and Jerimoth, Hananiah, Hanani, Eliathah, Giddalti, and Romamtiezer, Joshbekashah, Mallothi, Hothir, and Mahazioth:
3. A Danite prince
- 1 Chronicles 27:22 Of Dan, Azareel the son of Jeroham. These were the princes of the tribes of Israel.
4. A son of Bani
- Ezra 10:41 Azareel, and Shelemiah, Shemariah,
5. A priest
- Nehemiah 11:13 And his brethren, chief of the fathers, two hundred forty and two: and Amashai the son of Azareel, the son of Ahasai, the son of Meshillemoth, the son of Immer,
- Nehemiah 12:36 And his brethren, Shemaiah, and Azarael, Milalai, Gilalai, Maai, Nethaneel, and Judah, Hanani, with the musical instruments of David the man of God, and Ezra the scribe before them.