Asaiah in the Bible
1. A descendant of Simeon
- 1 Chronicles 4:36 And Elioenai, and Jaakobah, and Jeshohaiah, and Asaiah, and Adiel, and Jesimiel, and Benaiah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ASAIAH.
2. A Levite
- 1 Chronicles 6:30 Shimea his son, Haggiah his son, Asaiah his son.
⇒Definition of asa
Probably identical with a man of same name mentioned in
- 1 Chronicles 15:6 Of the sons of Merari; Asaiah the chief, and his brethren two hundred and twenty:
- 1 Chronicles 15:11 And David called for Zadok and Abiathar the priests, and for the Levites, for Uriel, Asaiah, and Joel, Shemaiah, and Eliel, and Amminadab,
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Asahiah.
3. A Shilonite
- 1 Chronicles 9:5 And of the Shilonites; Asaiah the firstborn, and his sons.