Aram in the Bible
(The name of various regions, and of several men. The word signifies highlands, and is applied in its compounds to various highland districts of Syria) 1. The region whence Balaam came at Balak's command
- Numbers 23:7 And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ARAM.
2. A region north of Canaan
- 1 Chronicles 2:23 And he took Geshur, and Aram, with the towns of Jair, from them, with Kenath, and the towns thereof, even threescore cities. All these belonged to the sons of Machir the father of Gilead.
⇒Definition of aramism
3. Son of Shem
- Genesis 10:22-23 The children of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram. 23 And the children of Aram; Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Mash.
- 1 Chronicles 1:17 The sons of Shem; Elam, and Asshur, and Arphaxad, and Lud, and Aram, and Uz, and Hul, and Gether, and Meshech.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Aram.
4. Son of Kemuel
- Genesis 22:21 Huz his firstborn, and Buz his brother, and Kemuel the father of Aram,
5. Son of Shamer
- 1 Chronicles 7:34 And the sons of Shamer; Ahi, and Rohgah, Jehubbah, and Aram.