Arad in the Bible
1. A city on the south of Canaan
- Numbers 21:1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies; then he fought against Israel, and took some of them prisoners.
- Numbers 33:40 And king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the south in the land of Canaan, heard of the coming of the children of Israel.
Subdued by Joshua
- Joshua 12:14 The king of Hormah, one; the king of Arad, one;
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Arad.
2. Son of Beriah
- 1 Chronicles 8:15 And Zebadiah, and Arad, and Ader,