Amram in the Bible
1. Father of Moses
- Exodus 6:18 And the sons of Kohath; Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel: and the years of the life of Kohath were an hundred thirty and three years.
- Exodus 20 And God spake all these words, saying, 2 I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me. 4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: ...
- Numbers 26:58-59 These are the families of the Levites: the family of the Libnites, the family of the Hebronites, the family of the Mahlites, the family of the Mushites, the family of the Korathites. And Kohath begat Amram. 59 And the name of Amram's wife was Jochebed, the daughter of Levi, whom her mother bare to Levi in Egypt: and she bare unto Amram Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister.
- 1 Chronicles 6:3 And the children of Amram; Aaron, and Moses, and Miriam. The sons also of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
- 1 Chronicles 6:18 And the sons of Kohath were, Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel.
- 1 Chronicles 23:12-13 The sons of Kohath; Amram, Izhar, Hebron, and Uzziel, four. 13 The sons of Amram; Aaron and Moses: and Aaron was separated, that he should sanctify the most holy things, he and his sons for ever, to burn incense before the LORD, to minister unto him, and to bless in his name for ever.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for AMRAM.
Head of one of the branches of Levites
- Numbers 3:19 And the sons of Kohath by their families; Amram, and Izehar, Hebron, and Uzziel.
- Numbers 3:27 And of Kohath was the family of the Amramites, and the family of the Izeharites, and the family of the Hebronites, and the family of the Uzzielites: these are the families of the Kohathites.
- 1 Chronicles 26:23 Of the Amramites, and the Izharites, the Hebronites, and the Uzzielites:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Amram.
Age of, at death
- Exodus 6:20 And Amram took him Jochebed his father's sister to wife; and she bare him Aaron and Moses: and the years of the life of Amram were an hundred and thirty and seven years.
2. Son of Bani
- Ezra 10:34 Of the sons of Bani; Maadai, Amram, and Uel,
3. Son of Dishon
- 1 Chronicles 1:41 The sons of Anah; Dishon. And the sons of Dishon; Amram, and Eshban, and Ithran, and Cheran.