Ajalon in the Bible
1. A city of Dan
- Joshua 19:42 And Shaalabbin, and Ajalon, and Jethlah,
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for AJALON.
Assigned to the Levites. A city of refuge
- Joshua 21:24 Aijalon with her suburbs, Gathrimmon with her suburbs; four cities.
- 1 Samuel 14:31 And they smote the Philistines that day from Michmash to Aijalon: and the people were very faint.
- 1 Chronicles 6:69 And Aijalon with her suburbs, and Gathrimmon with her suburbs:
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Ajalon.
Amorites of, not exterminated
- Judges 1:35 But the Amorites would dwell in mount Heres in Aijalon, and in Shaalbim: yet the hand of the house of Joseph prevailed, so that they became tributaries.
2. A city of Zebulun
- Judges 12:12 And Elon the Zebulonite died, and was buried in Aijalon in the country of Zebulun.
3. A city of Judah
- 2 Chronicles 28:18 The Philistines also had invaded the cities of the low country, and of the south of Judah, and had taken Bethshemesh, and Ajalon, and Gederoth, and Shocho with the villages thereof, and Timnah with the villages thereof, Gimzo also and the villages thereof: and they dwelt there.
- 2 Chronicles 11:10 And Zorah, and Aijalon, and Hebron, which are in Judah and in Benjamin fenced cities.
4. A valley
- Joshua 10:12 Then spake Joshua to the LORD in the day when the LORD delivered up the Amorites before the children of Israel, and he said in the sight of Israel, Sun, stand thou still upon Gibeon; and thou, Moon, in the valley of Ajalon.