Abihail in the Bible
1. Father of Esther
- Esther 2:15 Now when the turn of Esther, the daughter of Abihail the uncle of Mordecai, who had taken her for his daughter, was come to go in unto the king, she required nothing but what Hegai the king's chamberlain, the keeper of the women, appointed. And Esther obtained favour in the sight of all them that looked upon her.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ABIHAIL.
2. The second wife of Rehoboam
- 2 Chronicles 11:18-19 And Rehoboam took him Mahalath the daughter of Jerimoth the son of David to wife, and Abihail the daughter of Eliab the son of Jesse; 19 Which bare him children; Jeush, and Shamariah, and Zaham.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Abihail.
3. Father of Zuriel
- Numbers 3:35 And the chief of the house of the father of the families of Merari was Zuriel the son of Abihail: these shall pitch on the side of the tabernacle northward.
4. Wife of Abishur
- 1 Chronicles 2:29 And the name of the wife of Abishur was Abihail, and she bare him Ahban, and Molid.