Abib in the Bible
Also called NISAN First month in the Jewish calendar
- Exodus 12:2 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you.
⇒Bible Encyclopedia for ABIB.
Passover instituted, and Israelites depart from Egypt in
- Exodus 23:15 Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month Abib; for in it thou camest out from Egypt: and none shall appear before me empty:)
- Deuteronomy 16:1 Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought thee forth out of Egypt by night.
⇒Definition of abib
Tabernacle set up in
- Exodus 40:2 On the first day of the first month shalt thou set up the tabernacle of the tent of the congregation.
- Exodus 40:17 And it came to pass in the first month in the second year, on the first day of the month, that the tabernacle was reared up.
⇒See also McClintock and Strong Cyclopedia for Abib.
Israelites arrive at the wilderness of Zin in
- Numbers 20:1 Then came the children of Israel, even the whole congregation, into the desert of Zin in the first month: and the people abode in Kadesh; and Miriam died there, and was buried there.
Enter Canaan in
- Joshua 4:19 And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho.
Jordan's overflow in
- 1 Chronicles 12:15 These are they that went over Jordan in the first month, when it had overflown all his banks; and they put to flight all them of the valleys, both toward the east, and toward the west.